DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
Printer friendly version of: http://www.foreign-policy-dialogue.ca/en/discussion/index.php?m=3058

Prosperity

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

Shape foreign policy?

Contributor: moderator

Date: 2003-04-14 13:25:59

This web site will remain open until May 1st to receive Canadian views on
how our future foreign policy should be shaped. The Minister's paper sets
out 12 questions, and the web site adds question 13 which asks about the
paper and Dialogue itself. Please answer the questions, if you have not
already done so. Do your friends, family, co-workers know about this
opportunity to have your views heard? The forums have been very lively and
quite informative on some topics, however is it possible now to focus more clearly on shaping Canada's foreign policy, along lines of the questions in the Dialogue paper?

Reply to this message

Shape foreign policy?

Contributor: fatmomma

Date: 2003-04-19 17:50:34

I have given my views elsewhere on this site. I would like to see other ministries in our Federal government
engage in this type of discussion forum.
It has encouraged me to become more well informed on many matters.
I think our citizens need to become better informed if we are to wisely choose the type of government we elect. I am dismayed at a common practice of voting out government/ party without really knowing what the new government/party's agenda will be.
Thank you for this opportunity.

Reply to this message

Shape foreign policy?

Contributor: roheline

Date: 2003-04-27 10:33:09

Dear Moderator:
I too, like 'fatmomma', appreciate this site, and have already expressed my views by answering the questions, and by starting a new dialogue topic, here, which, I believe, makes an important contribution to the "shape of foreign policy". The premise of my new dialogue topic is that purchasing of "Green, or Carbon, Credits" from any nation on Earth would be wrong, because the Kyoto Protocol is seriously flawed and without scientific or moral merit. In my opinion, buying "Green, or Carbon Credits" would perpetrate fraud of gargantuan proportions on the the citizens and corporations of Canada, and the Government of Canada should avoid this like the the plague. The Department of Foreign Affairs should definitely NOT get involved with the purchasing of "Green Credits". In fact, please tell Minister Bill Graham to prohibit the purchasing of "Green Credits" from 3rd World nations. Why? Read my essay at http://PlantsEatCO2.blogspot.com , and all of my contributions on this, your foreign-policy-dialogue, website.
Yes, I too would like other Ministries of the Government of Canada, particularly the Ministry of the Environment, to have similar policy dialogue websites.
Signed: Contributor #1616, and 'roheline' at the Dialogues site

Reply to this message

Visit us online at: http://www.foreign-policy-dialogue.ca