DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

Values and Culture

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

Anti- Americanism

Contributor: fatmomma

Date: 2003-03-01 10:59:39

G.W. Bush is a very dangerous man.He is hell bent on war and to destroy the United Nations.Retired Canadian general Romeo Dallaire stated that the US and Britain are setting up the UN inspectors to fail by giving half-hearted support; leaving the two countries to wage war without its approval. In my opinion; it is GW Bush and Tony Blair that are setting up the UN to fail and that they are denying any support or credibility to the UN. This includes financial support as the US is 2 years in arrears paying its share of dues to the UN last report I read. Their motives are in my mind so that America can control the world . We have seen numerous examples of American protectionism of their trade while trying to tell Canada how they cannot subsidize or protect jobs by having our lumber processed in Canada. The US wants our raw resources and jobs. Yet they protect their raw timber from export to Japan. I do not feel anti American but I do fear their present leadership and practices. Bush is trying to take world control by bribes of armnaments and threats of economic pressures

Reply to this message

Show in topic

Anti- Americanism

Contributor: fatmomma

Date: 2003-03-01 13:12:31

I should have added; that I am not anti=American; it is only this aggressive very out of control dangerous present administration that scares me. The American people are no different than us. Some good some bad but that can be said of any country, It is not the people but the government controlling them and shaping their views

Reply to this message

Anti- Americanism

Contributor: YvonLattrapé

Date: 2003-03-04 23:45:05

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. George W. Bush (may God bless him!) in not dangerous. He is not a morron. But do you want to know what he actually is? President Bush is the great and amazing leader of the Free World. President Bush is entirely dedicated to Peace, Love, and Justice. Also, his powerful intellect is the supreme guarantee that the world is going in the right direction.

George W. Bush's wisdom must be accepted by Canada. We have this amazing chance of being the very neighbour of the country that is leaded by that amazing man named George W. Bush. His deep and brillant analysis of the world's situation is essential if we want to understand what our duty is. Canada must join President Bush and do whatever he would ask us to.

Instead of criticizing, we must praise President Bush, and also celebrate our amazing chance that is: being contemporary witnesses of his Blessed Presidency.

Reply to this message