DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

The Three Pillars

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

Canada - U.S. Relationship

Contributor: ScottR

Date: 2003-03-21 19:33:58

As a citizen of the United States, it's so comforting to read all the great comments from our "friends" in Canada. I guess you folks would feel better if wedged between the impotent country of France and the gutless Germany...rather than this big bad bully to the South. You boo our national anthem in Montreal and take every opportunity to berate our strength. We are the world's superpower by default, Canada! The Soviet Union failed! Perhaps you can blame the U.S. for that, too. As an American, I would love to see the UN out of my country. I would cheer if my country left NATO. And wow...China to replace U.S. as the world super power in 20 years? Isn't China the great democracy that turned its military on its citizens? Right now, I'd rather have Lativa or Bulgaria on our northern border than Canada! And before you dismiss me as some right wing Republican, I am a Liberal Democrat that has grown tired of your constant anti-U.S. comments.

Reply to this message

Show in topic