DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

Conclusion: The World We Want

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

Some comments on answers... (Afghanistan attack unjustified)...

Contributor: Barretm82

Date: 2003-04-11 14:43:33

I wonder if calling this war illegal is missing the point of Justice?

How do you see legality and Justice? Are they one in the same to you, or is one a process and the other a result?
(Keep in mind I'm a computer engineer not a lawyer) ;)

Before you reply, please read this link.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/11/opinion/11JORD.html?ex=1050638400&en=ea21e8c88feae21c&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

Reply to this message

Show in topic

Some comments on answers... (Afghanistan attack unjustified)...

Contributor: codc01

Date: 2003-04-12 13:33:28

You are talking with your heart, and i fully understand this. But someone's heart may be different to another's one.

If someone steals something because he is starving, it is still thievery - The laws were made for everyone to avoid chaos. The people who are currently looting Baghdad are doing it because they have nothing - so if you think with your heart, then you are right, even if they attack hospitals - but we simply cannot think like that, otherwise chaos would invade everywhere (including in Canada).

As i said in a previous post, i feel that if most nations of the world agree on laws, i must assume that these laws must be good (especially if those who created these laws are the US, Canada, UK, France, Japan)...

I do understand your point of view though.

Reply to this message