Date: 2003-04-21 12:31:55
Reply to this message
Ok, well i'll transalate my definition of a terrorist (i know a lot of people will disagree with me...):
Someone or an entity which is NOT resisting invasion and which attacks civilian targets to inspire terror.
So in this category we have:
- Hamas / Islamic Jihad when it attacks Israel (it is not terrorism if Hamas resists military invasion in palestinian territory).
- The Basks(spelling?) separatists (ETA) when they attack anyone - even police (The Bask province is part of Spain since a very long time ago - so its not resistance).
- Al-Qaeda attacking anyone - even soldiers since they're not resiting any invasion, they only wish to kill people.
So in this category we don't have:
- The Iraqis who blew themselves up in Iraq, they were resisting invasion.
- Hezbollah (when they were resisting the invasion of Lebanon - how they are rated today is another story)
The US is NOT in the terrorist category according to my definition.