DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

Security

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

$12 Billion a year on the military, and no options???

Contributor: Barretm82

Date: 2003-04-22 11:23:23

You make some great point’s codc01. I've had this conversation with friends in the forces. There is room for plenty of adjustments; some are difficult decisions such as looking at what is useful and what is not. There are also the political concerns.

I am not proficient to give that sort of advice on this topic. Hence my Rumsfield suggestion. As for me, I don't have the time in the day to attempt to understand all the nuances of our military needs.

Reply to this message

Show in topic

$12 Billion a year on the military, and no options???

Contributor: fatmomma

Date: 2003-04-29 00:36:37

Your Rumsfield suggestion was the one that bothered me; We do not need or want any foreign interference in our military. Any Canadian military troops ; if they are available; can only enter Iraq if Iraq is under UN control.

Reply to this message