DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

The Three Pillars

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

Americans are not our "best friends"

Contributor: jimlyn

Date: 2003-04-25 07:47:19

What are friends for if not for each others mutual benefit.In the case of Canada/American relationship I do not see the term friend being applied here.What I do see is a one side relationhsip,all for one(Americans)and little as possible for the other(Canadians).Is this just special treatment from the Bush administration or has this treatment been applied to the so called friendship in past administrations?We as Canadians have a sharing nature which is not receprical south of our border.

Reply to this message

Show in topic

Americans are not our "best friends"

Contributor: fatmomma

Date: 2003-04-25 22:22:04

The Americans have always had the upperhand but I definitely believe this has been taken to another level by Mr. Bush. It appears that this relationship will deteriorate furthur if we do not take orders better. I hope we do not cave in and become
America's obedient little puppy dog. We will never grow as a country if we do not follow our own hearts and follow the course that we see as the fairest to all. Canada should continue to support the UN and work towards strengthening the UN so that it will be more effective in dealing with International disputes and helping other countries to become self sufficient and secure,

Reply to this message