logo du MAECI partenariat Logo de byDesign eLab, un centre indépendant de recherche, développement et production en forums électroniques pour l'élaboration des politiques, qui a vu le jour en 1997 dans le cadre du programme McLuhan de l'Université de Toronto
Accueil du MAECI Plan du site Aide Politiques Partenariat Commentaires Netcast English

Bienvenue
Message du Ministre
Document de réflexion
Répondre aux questions
Réponses
Forum de discussion

Sécurité

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

Ce forum est bilingue, et les participants peuvent rédiger leurs commentaires dans la langue de leur choix.

Global Sunday News

Participant: Barretm82

Date: 2003-02-24 01:43:01

Did anyone catch the broadcast? I took time out to see it, but a golf game on Global ran late and they didn't broadcast it here.

I was hoping to catch what Bill Graham had to say. Well I may drop Global an e-mail to see if I can get a transcript or if the video is posted on the web somewhere.

Anyhoo, any thoughts if you saw the program?

Steve.

Répondre à ce message

Global Sunday News

Participant: Barretm82

Date: 2003-02-24 19:12:43

I took 20 minutes to watch the program today, and I realized how close the show theme and participants mirrored our discussions here. (Well as close as you can get with T.V. spots).

At first I thought this was intriguing, but then I had this notion that the vast majority of fellows in this section of the forum are in government service. Is my wild theory accurate? (My back ground is in Mainframe/Super Computer systems).

Originally I though most people visiting this security section were not in government service…

My question would be what effect do you find these T.V. news spots have on foreign policy? (You could lump the CNNs in there too).

Répondre à ce message

Global Sunday News

Participant: banquosghost

Date: 2003-02-24 20:03:14

I'm not in government service either. I'm presently employed by a market research firm although I've done a lot of other things as well.

I hope they have nothing to do with it. Too often TV news isn't about the news, it's about ratings and sales.

Répondre à ce message

Global Sunday News

Participant: jwitt

Date: 2003-02-27 16:29:05

In my case, your wild theory is not correct :)

Répondre à ce message