logo du MAECI partenariat Logo de byDesign eLab, un centre indépendant de recherche, développement et production en forums électroniques pour l'élaboration des politiques, qui a vu le jour en 1997 dans le cadre du programme McLuhan de l'Université de Toronto
Accueil du MAECI Plan du site Aide Politiques Partenariat Commentaires Netcast English

Bienvenue
Message du Ministre
Document de réflexion
Répondre aux questions
Réponses
Forum de discussion

Valeurs et culture

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

Ce forum est bilingue, et les participants peuvent rédiger leurs commentaires dans la langue de leur choix.

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Participant: webfluid

Date: 2003-04-02 05:55:51

For this dumb ass to criticize the Prime Ministers foreign policy publicly as he plans to do this Wednesday at the Fraser Institute in Vancouver is outrageous. This man couldn’t even manage a province. He slaughtered the Ontario budget, took money out of education and directed it towards redundant public works projects to rebuilt highways that were already fine…
From the same man who brought us Walkerton we’re supposed to swallow his preconceived and misguided worldview, ya right! Listening to Harris is almost as bad as listening to that no talent ass clown of a president they have south of the boarder.
Take a hike Harris, you resigned your position as premier, why don’t you just disappear into the sunset with that increased pension you gave yourself before you left.

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Participant: codc01

Date: 2003-04-03 02:28:01

Please have some moderation (extremist maybe?) - criticizing provincial politics on this forum is not the right place. As for the President of the US, even if i don't like him at all, he was elected, and we should respect the American people for that....

Regarding Harris's comment, its like Mr. Klein of Alberta, they only want to add oil to the fire, and i agree with you it was totally inappropriate, but i think it is their right to speak as they did.

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Participant: cfallon

Date: 2003-04-03 13:48:21

Bernard Landry started the whole thing.

If he had not made foreign policy statements in the middle on a provincial election, then no other premier would have spoken.

But, we blame Klein and Harris because we don't like what they say. We like what Landry says, so he's not inappropriate.

Its called a double standard. It is the Canadian export par excellence.

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-03 16:48:51

Did you actually read my complete sentence? Don't think so...

I blame Klein though, since he sent a letter to the US ambassador, which is not right at all, while Harris and Landry did not do this...

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-04 11:50:17

I think making the distinction between a letter to an ambassador and a public statement on a campaign trail is not important.

So, I read the sentece, I just didn't find it material.

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Participant: fatmomma

Date: 2003-04-05 05:28:46

I agree with codco; provincial politicians are right in expressing their objections or provincial concerns to the federal government; they do not have that same right or juridiction to debate national interests to foreign government representitives. It may not be illegal but is in poor taste and not in our national interest. If Mr Cretien was like Mr Bush they would probably have their transfer payments cut and told there may be a bump in their relations.

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-07 14:38:24

So why is Quebec allowed to go the Francophonie?

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-07 15:55:44

Remember the Meech Lake accord? Thats the answer...

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-08 13:17:41

But, they are a provincial government.

And, when the PQ start drawing up their own constitution (which, tragically, they will start doing next Tuesday), they will have their own Meech Lake to deal with:

the distinct society of Montreal within the Quebec nation.

If Quebec is a free country, Montreal will have a seat at the Francophonie and be an independent member of the Commonwealth and OAS. Can't wait!

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-08 14:05:16

The PQ will start drawing a constitution? You're joking, right???
You have a an URL link to this?

Bah! Let the PQ play with their toys as long as they wish.. as long as it does not affect us in day to day lives... and as long as we stay in Canada...

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-09 16:19:52

This is a campaign promise. You don't need the internet, just La Presse! :)

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-09 17:38:59

Even if they form the minority government? I read Cyberpresse each day, and i never heard of that, its quite difficult getting La Presse in Europe :)...

p.s : I think we're being a bit off-topic here... So I'll close this topic! :)

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Participant: banquosghost

Date: 2003-04-03 20:31:24

"As for the President of the US, even if i don't like him at all, he was elected, and we should respect the American people for that...."

Interestingly enough, he wasn't elected by a majority of those Americans who cast votes. He *was* elected by the Electoral College (an anachronism from the 18th century when no one knew how a state had voted until someone showed up from that state in Washington to announce it) and by a slim majority of the Supreme Court. If that election had been held under the FPTP rules that govern our elections here, then Al Gore would have won it.

Mike Harris is indeed a moron. I'd personally prefer that he be given as much speaking time as his throat can handle so as to remove all doubt as to his moronicity once and for all.

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-04 11:49:22

Bouchard became premier of Quebec having lost the popular vote.

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-04 12:36:11

Sorry, but what does FPTP mean exactly??

Répondre à ce message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Participant: banquosghost

Date: 2003-04-04 13:10:32

First Past The Post.

Répondre à ce message