logo du MAECI partenariat Logo de byDesign eLab, un centre indépendant de recherche, développement et production en forums électroniques pour l'élaboration des politiques, qui a vu le jour en 1997 dans le cadre du programme McLuhan de l'Université de Toronto
Accueil du MAECI Plan du site Aide Politiques Partenariat Commentaires Netcast English

Bienvenue
Message du Ministre
Document de réflexion
Répondre aux questions
Réponses
Forum de discussion

Sécurité

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

Ce forum est bilingue, et les participants peuvent rédiger leurs commentaires dans la langue de leur choix.

Allies found them, Chemical weapons...

Participant: Barretm82

Date: 2003-04-09 10:53:17

---Just to add, as I gave it further thought. This is the error I made. In WWI Germany used chemical weapons on the battle field but not on civilians.

---In WWII, Germany used chemical weapons against civilians but not on the battle field.

That's where I should have been clearer. Would you say that is correct fleabag? (Thanks)

Répondre à ce message

Voir en contexte du sujet

Allies found them, Chemical weapons...

Participant: Fleabag

Date: 2003-04-10 23:07:02

Yes, that would be more correct. Barret. I myself, have been guilty of writing too quickly, and I never proofread myself, so often I only see my mistakes after they have been posted. That's life, I guess. We can't ever say 'time out' in life, for time marches on with or without us.
WWI was the last real war where WMD were used as a matter of course, without fear of 'war crimes' charges. In WWII, WMD were also used, but the user's side won, so no charges could ever be brought to bear. Mustard Gas was also used in Ethiopia by the Italians just before WWII, but this was never brought before the Nuremberg trials. A sad oversight, I think.

Répondre à ce message