logo du MAECI partenariat Logo de byDesign eLab, un centre indépendant de recherche, développement et production en forums électroniques pour l'élaboration des politiques, qui a vu le jour en 1997 dans le cadre du programme McLuhan de l'Université de Toronto
Accueil du MAECI Plan du site Aide Politiques Partenariat Commentaires Netcast English

Bienvenue
Message du Ministre
Document de réflexion
Répondre aux questions
Réponses
Forum de discussion

Conclusion: Le monde que nous souhaitons

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

Ce forum est bilingue, et les participants peuvent rédiger leurs commentaires dans la langue de leur choix.

Perhaps the World we don't want

Participant: codc01

Date: 2003-04-03 17:01:29

I understand, posting is getting useless, everyone is sticking to their positions (including myself), and the
discussions are getting endless and mostly useless...

Répondre à ce message

Voir en contexte du sujet

Participant: banquosghost

Date: 2003-04-06 01:56:49

Posting is never useless.

Further conversation on some particular subjects can prove to be less than fruitful.

And that's sometimes the best that we can hope for in the civic square.

That being said...you knew it was to good to hope for...

Does anyone have any strategic contributions to make that fall anywhere between "god bless america" "those damn americans"?

We really do have an international dilemma before us.

We have intimate historical connections with more than one nation embroiled in the current crapola.

Is there one path foraward or many?

Répondre à ce message

Participant: fatmomma

Date: 2003-04-06 20:51:36

Sometimes it seems we will have to wait and hope that the USA has a change of regime. Perhaps then, with a more conciliatory government we can rebuild and strengthen the UN. The UN without the support and participation of our only super power will not be adequate.
It seems while Mr. Bush is in office; he will carry on with his present agenda. Like this forum, he seems set in his ways and no amount of opposition to his policies from within America or foreign views will sway his views.
We can only hope, that the government he sets up in Iraq will be allowed to progress to become an independent Iraqi controlled government supported by the Iraqi people not just a Kurdish minority

Répondre à ce message

Participant: Barretm82

Date: 2003-04-06 22:44:47

Fatmomma, Have you ever considered not taking your lead from American Liberals?

Even your comments don't seem to be your own. So how can I take you sincerely?

Fatmomma, are you even a Canadian citizen?

---Look at this comparison---

Fatmomma says, "Sometimes it seems we will have to wait and hope that the USA has a change of regime."

Massachusetts Senator John Kerry may have been the first presidential candidate to publicly call for a "regime change" in Washington, but other pillars of the party have been indoctrinating the term for months, research shows.

At a fund-raising concert for House Democrats last October, ActressSingerMotherDirectorCitizenWifeProducer Barbra Streisand called for a "regime change" in Washington and said, "I find bringing the country to the brink of war unilaterally five weeks before an election questionable -- and very, very frightening."

Rev. Jesse Jackson: "We need a regime change in this country." [October 27, 2002]

Louis Farrakhan: "I am crying out to the American people to rise up because your president is the world's threat to peace. When you talk about a regime change in Iraq if this man continues like this there must be a regime change in America. Our president is drunk with the power of the United States of America." [October 9, 2002]

Rep. John Conyers (D-MI): "We need a regime change in the United States." [March 16, 2003]

Former LBJ Attorney General Ramsey Clark: "Regime change! George Bush has to go and we have the power to do it. The officials of the government shall be removed from office for crimes and misdemeanor; their crime against peace, and for use of torture in Iraq." [March 31, 2003]

Michael Moore: "The regime change ought to begin at home." [Nov. 10, 2002]

Actress Susan Sarandon: "I'd like a regime change in the United States, but I would really resent Iraq coming in, throwing out Bush and then telling us who to have." [Jan. 3, 2003] END

Répondre à ce message

Participant: fatmomma

Date: 2003-04-07 00:34:12

Maybe they are taking their lead from me; actually we are probably all responding to Mr Bush's demand for a "regime change". My views are my own but shared by other intelligent minds. I must admit I do admire Ramsey Clark but never read these words of his. Good to know he and I are on same wave length. As my mother's family can be traced to at least 8 generations born in Canada; yes, think I can safely say I AM CANADIAN. I want to keep Canada free; not some American satelite.
Tell me something. How can you admire and support a regime that produces fraudulent evidence of Iraq's WMD. That uses bribes and threats to try to sway countries to support its agenda. I have no strong political leanings. I only hope for a government that is fair and honest and listens to the wishes of the people. Mr Bush does not meet that criteria

Répondre à ce message

Date: 2003-04-07 18:21:53

There is no doubt about WMD in Iraq. Are you so jaded that you are willing to overlook Saddam because you don't like the U.S. administration.

As for bribes and threats, that is how the U.N. has always functioned; time to change it to a humanitarian organization and perhaps a place to debate.

Look at what processes work at the U.N., keeping those and scrap what hasn't worked. IMO.

Répondre à ce message

Date: 2003-04-06 22:36:15

..."And that's sometimes the best that we can hope for in the civic square.
That being said...you knew it was to good to hope for... "...

The problem you are overlooking (banquo) is that it isn't always possible to disclose the "full picture" in a public forum.

Perhaps in years from now, our Prime Minister should publish his memoirs. :)

I know it would be enlightening. :)

Répondre à ce message